- Cook spaghetti till al-dente, set aside some pasta water for later.
(you can time it so spaghetti is cooked in parallel with the steps below)
- Add a generous amount of olive oil, about 6 tbsp.
- Fry garlic and onion until brown.
- Add cili padi and cherry tomatoes and fry for a minute.
* For the cili padi I simply cut off the top and added them whole. This allows me to easily pick them out later
- Add prawns and fry until just turned red.
- Throw in chicken stock and cover pan to allow it to steam and retain all the wonderful prawn juices.
- After 3 mins throw in the spaghetti and a bit of pasta water.
- Toss everything together and season as needed.
- Turn off heat and chop up and add the fresh parsley
This has definitely become one of my favourite recipes!
The pasta captured the wonderful flavors of the prawns and I think will work well with any shelled seafood (lala, crabs etc)
*** These are cooking notes/experiments and are not perfect recipes.