|Whole Chicken Leg||4 pieces|
|Sea salt||as you like|
|Olive oil||as needed|
- Marinade chicken with olive oil, dried rosemary, salt and pepper. Squeeze in half a lemon. Leave for a few hours.
- Remove from marinade. Pat dry with paper towel to get crispy skin.
- Heat olive oil in cast iron pan, put chicken legs skin side down for 5 mins.
- Preheat oven to 220 Celsius.
- Move entire pan from stove into oven.
- Cook for approx 40 mins (depends on chicken leg size).
* One way to test chicken is cooked, poke thickest part of chicken, if juices run clear it is done.
- Move chicken legs out on a plate to rest.
- For some gravy, put pan back on stove with low heat, scrape off all the wonderful bits stuck on the pan. Add chicken stock and corn flour to thicken. Season as needed.
I have also added brussel sprouts. What an interesting looking vege, it is my 1st time encountering it.
Kinda look like tiny cabbages. Tastes phenomenal.
These are optional.
Cooking time for these are about 20-25 mins.
- In a bowl add olive oil, salt and pepper. Using hands mix together with brussel sprouts and ensure each one is well coated.
- After chicken has been cooking for 20 mins, toss in brussel sprouts into pan.
Overall a very nice dish, the brussel sprouts were very awesome.
Crunchy on the outside and melt in your mouth insides.
*** These are cooking notes/experiments and are not perfect recipes.