Tofu and mushrooms are optional, toss in any extra ingredient as you like.
|SOUR GINGER SOUP|
|Szechuan Vege||2 bulbs|
|Chicken stock||2 liters|
|White Peppercorn||1 tbsp|
|Enoki Mushroom||100g x2|
- Crush peppercorns and ginger, throw into cheesecloth bag
- Soak Szechuan vege in water for about 30-45mins. Remove and cut into slices. Rinse thoroughly.
- Bring stock to boil then reduce to simmer, put in bag.
- Let simmer for about 15mins, throw in Szechuan vege
- Let simmer for about 20 mins, taste and season as needed.
- Throw in mushrooms and simmer for another 15 min.
- Throw in tofu and simmer for another 5 mins. DONE
Really loved this soup, a good balance of good chicken stock, ginger and sourness from the Szechuan vege.